Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 22, 2010.....

Today I am thankful for:
1) R's friends who showed up to support him with his Reflections Entry. The theme this year is "Together we can..." R has filled in the blank with ..."make a better community." He knew as soon as he brought the entry form home that he wanted to make a movie about cleaning up trash around the neighborhood, specifically the empty lot just down the street from us. He made a sign-up sheet to show all his friends at school, I sent a parent note stating the details and POOF! We had a handful of volunteers show up to help us! Unfortunately, because I don't seem to think more than one day ahead, sometimes just a couple of hours, I failed to charge the battery of the video camera! Thank goodness for friends who are camera-ready and willing to drive it down to me, more specifically Heather (see previous blog entry). We spent an hour and felt really good about what we were doing! I am so thankful for R's supportive friends and their parents! Now if only we had given him a lesson in filmography before we got started...
2) Frozen pizza when dinner plans fall through and I have three hungry gremlins threatening to tear down the house if I don't feed them ASAP!

3) Plans for a fun 2nd grade Halloween party and fun mothers to work with to do it. I have made a brand new friend in the process.

4) Clean laundry (not folded or put away and currently piled on my kitchen cabinet so that I will do it sooner than later... but CLEAN nonetheless)!

5. Serving in the Primary! I LOVE my calling! I LOVE teaching these kids. I LOVE teaching the basic gospel truths where the Spirit can testify to their hearts and mine. I LOVE primary songs and the simple but poignant doctrine therein and the spirit they bring. And I LOVE that my babies get to hear and see my testimony in action in a more concentrated setting (away from all the whining and yelling and fighting from them and the "clean your rooms" and "turn off the tv" and "NOW" from me).

What are five things YOU are thankful for TODAY?

p.s. No matter what I've done, I can't seem to fix the bold in some places and different fonts and sizes! How funny!

1 comment:

WildBound said...

1. Autumn Leaves
2. horses
3. my happy kids
4. family
5. fuzzy blankets

:)