Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gratitude

Well, I've noticed that when the "trials" of life weigh me down, it is because I am forgetting to be grateful. Soooo, while all is good in Me-Land, I figured I'd gather some insurance, an arsenal per se, of happy thoughts for the days when pixie dust just can't be found and all I can hear is the tick-tock of the clock in that wiley gator's belly telling me how quickly my time for positive change is running out.

In line with President Monson's address regarding Living with Gratitude as well as President Eyring's talk a few (maybe one or two) sessions back about looking for and recording the hand of God in our lives daily, I want to check in here regularly (hopefully daily) to list at least five things I am grateful for and why. Please feel free to leave your own lists as well. Let's be thankful together!

1. Crockpots full of yummy dinner after longs days with preschool and piano lessons, and that after eight weeks of teaching this school year, I finally had the foresight to put something together BEFORE I left this morning!

2. Cilantro (yum). It makes everything tastes fresh and healthy and gourmet-ish (at least to my taste buds).

3. Brenda. She lets my independent princess just walk right into her home every other day, gives her a safe place to land and be loved and even feeds her yummy, nutritious lunches while I'm away!

4. My Gma & Gpa Beckstrom. Not only are they THE examples I look to in my family for their love of God, family, me and mine, but today they drove 35 min to attend a 15-min Kindergarten lunch with my princess. I was so honored they would do that for me/her. LOVE THEM!

5.
Heather. She not only is my sweet friend that lifts me and inspires me and encourages me to be my best self with her awesome advice, listening ear, and powerhouse example, but we can laugh our guts out about all the "mom" things and all the life things and just find joy in living. We have a mutual appreciation for and love of music and even get to sing together regularly. Our kids are best friends and beg to go to each others houses regularly. They get that opportunity quite often in that we are also the type of friends that can count on each other to watch/take/babysit the kids if we need to go somewhere, even in a pinch. She is also the type of friend I can just "drop in on" and end up chatting with for hours about anything and everything. My husband knows if he can't find me, I'm probably at her place. He also knows that if I am going to her place, I probably won't be right back. She is the friend that is the emergency contact on any form I fill out because I know she is always ready and willing to take care of me/us. She is the friend I call in the middle of the night when there is an emergency. She is the friend I bounce ideas and concerns off. Not only does she love me, but she lets me love her too. I've told my husband on many occasions that she is probably the reason we moved into this neighborhood eight years ago.... the Lord knew I would need her.

What are five things YOU are thankful for TODAY?

1 comment:

Joy said...

Ya know, I'm not a crying kinda gal, but...SHEEEESSHHHH!! Thanks Kris. You nailed it, and right back at ya! Love ya loads!