Monday, June 21, 2010

Dealing with my Blessings...

I am going to type my entry before I title it, especially since I don't have anything special or enlightening to share. I just have need to brain dump my day. Here goes...

Up this morning at 5:00 (supposed to be 3:00 to catch up on transcription from a fabulous weekend of much-needed camping with friends). Unfortunately, I didn't finish before my first piano lesson arrived at 8:00. I taught six students until 11:15 and felt like I'd already worked a full day. Side note: I love teaching these kids... Most of them teenagers that actually like to be at my house! I LOVE that I can be joking with them, exchanging jibes and teasings and then the next minute bearing testimony about the Plan of Salvation, the power of music and good friends, and what a joy is it to be associated with such great and noble kids...unique piano lessons at my house wouldn't ya say)!

By time I finished up my sweet, bored, unsupervised, unfed children had taken over the house and left the main living spaces (namely the kitchen and basement family room) a tornado of a mess, not having done any bed-making or chore-doing. As a result, I felt like I had to live the rest of my day in the negative, catching up. Don't like that feeling.

So, since most of what they'd eaten consisted of snacking, I fed them a slightly better lunch and read to them for 30 minutes. (Insert sigh here). Even if I eventually get to putting things back together in my house, that was the highlight. I love reading to my babies.

Unfortunately, a serious case of the sleepies and grumies suddenly set in (not for them, but for me) and I had to urgently get a nap or be in danger of yelling myself silly. Thankfully, the kidlets read books for a majority of mommy's and baby's (though she tells me constantly she's not a baby anymore) naptime. For those who might not know, I have a snack monster that lives at my house and if left unsupervised for one second, will tear the kitchen apart looking for and ravaging anything she can find. Such was the case during this much-needed and useful nap of mine and she left in her wake a hyped up version of what used to be a messy kitchen with bread crumbs and cheese pieces scattered through the place. Wow! She amazes me with her lack of constraint or discreetness.

Yet, here I am at the computer....fighting the thoughts of uselessness and wasted-day-itis typing my thoughts, hoping to get some courage to fight the daily and constant blessed onslaught of motherhood! :)

BUT I need to finish the 2hrs of transcription before I can even think about that, or dinner, or FHE and we are quickly approaching the 5:00 hour... Oh dear... wish me luck...Here's to hoping I start tomorrow with a more executable plan!

In that same vein, I have been talking with and reading blogs of strong women who have to deal with much, much harder daily fights than mine...so I think the title of this particular entry will have the word "blessings" somewhere in it...

6 comments:

WildBound said...

i LOVE YOU. AND MISS YOU. ;)

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow. Its amazing how our individual trials/blessings affect us all so differently... I can't imagine having to do transcription (at 3 am?!?!) AND teach piano lessons for 3+ hours. I had to give it up for now until the babes grow up. You amaze me with all you are able to do (and fitting a nap in is just the icing on the cake!).

Aim Aug said...

Good luck Cutie! I am constantly reminding myself that I volunteered for this motherhood thing. It's a choice we love and deal with everyday, right? You have an amazing attitude. Thanks for helping me improve my own!

Chelsie said...

will you teach my boys piano?? i want them to have lessons like that. you amaze me kristina!

Jenny said...

I'm so excited to see that you have posted on your blog! I loved reading it. Because it was almost-almost like sitting with you talking. I think we should get together soon! You are the best. Love ya!

Chrystal said...

Whew! Life - - it is beautiful, it is hard, it is exhausting, but you're doing amazing and wonderful things. Love you!