Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope

Those who do not know my heart may not know my progress, but I have watched it begin to change and it is truly liberating...

One of my tethers this year has been (and always is) music. Music has the power to move us, lead us, inspire us... and I have found one song in particular that does that recently for me (a so called recovering "despair-addict" per se).

The song is called, "C.S. Lewis Song" by Brooke Fraser, an amazing artist out of New Zealand(?). It was inspired by a quote by C.S. Lewis (go figure):

"If I find in myself a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

Here is the link to the youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpuTGGRCbY

And here are the lyrics to the song (you will want to pull up both lyrics and video side-by-side in that her words may be difficult to understand on first hearing it):

"If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here.
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary
Then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared.

Chorus:
Speak to me in the light of the dawn. Mercy comes with the morning.
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me.


Am I lost or just less found on the straight or on the round-about of the wrong way.
Is this a soul that stirs in me? Is it breaking free wanting to come alive?
'Cuz my comfort would prefer for me to be numb,
and avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become.

Chorus

For we, we are not long here.
Our time is but a breath,
So we'd better breathe it!

And I ... I was made to live!
I was made to love!
I was made to know You...

Hope is coming for me.
Hope is coming for me.
Hope is coming for me.
Hope, He's coming...

Chorus
...

**************************

Dedicated to my friends and fellow-learners ... and especially Sayyadina who has taught me volumes about myself! Special thanks to Kelli for introducing me to Brooke's music!

3 comments:

DreamPacker said...

I listened to the video. I LOVE the lyrics, but you are right, it is difficult to understand. The singing was ok, but the background music overpowered. I hope someone in my super talented family can maybe try a version that can be understood.

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Beautiful lyrics...I think we can all relate. Thanks so much for sharing. I never would have heard about it otherwise.

Chrystal said...

Thanks so much for sharing. AMEN. Amen.