Monday, January 12, 2009

Random

Rhiaman and his cute-as-can-be red-headed female cousin (any guesses who that is for those who know the cousins) got to sing a duet with Gma in her ward on Sunday. Me, being the ball-baby I am, cried through the whole thing. I am so proud of him! They did such a beautiful job. And to top it all off, Rhiaman learned the song only 30 minutes before he performed it! He amazes me all the time!!!

Do you ever have those days where you feel like every talk, conversation, song, testimony, etc is God reaching out to your heart and saying, "I haven't forgotten you... I want you to be happy and I want to heal you."

(I know I'm not the only one or testimony meeting would consist ONLY of travel logs...)

Anyways, that's what yesterday was for me... but only after I had a meltdown and yelled at everything in site! What a temper I have! (I grew up with a red-head for a mother, and I swear that most of the time I am more of a hot-head than she ever was)! :)

It started out with a talk on Forgiveness and how we tend to punish people when they've hurt us... we want them to hurt just as deeply as they hurt us. Forgiveness is better. Then a talk on self-esteem and how important it is that we realize who we really are. Then Rhiaman's duet with Gma about showing our Love for the Savior by serving others and sharing the gospel. Then a missionary report focusing mainly on praying: praying in faith and focusing our prayers and thoughts on others (instead of ourselves). Yeah, my whole day was one long loving and effective sermon...Good thing He's so patient with me (especially when I'm not)!

On a side note, I mention the following because 1) I'm excited to see what happens, 2) I need ideas, and 3) I hope to track the progress of "our project" here. I introduced a new functional/interactive Enrichment poster yesterday. There are 10 categories of "smaller activities" that each have a pocket on the poster. Let's see if I can remember them all: Mom&Me, Exercise club, temple club, family history, service, scrapbooking, craft club, dinner club, book club, and preparedness. Periodically we will have small activities in those categories and will put the announcement in the pocket! I'm so excited!!! Now I just have to get to planning a "small" activity in each category to get it off the ground. I only had a minute to explain how it worked in R.S., but everyone seemed so excited. I almost felt bad for the sweet teacher because everyone was so chatty all through her lesson after I presented it.

So, if you have any ideas for any of these said categories for things we could do I would LOVE your input!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Are you in Enrichment? I just got put in as the Enrichment leader and I have no idea what I'm doing!

BeautyFul said...

I just got put in three months ago and am feeling incredibly inadequate for the job. Sounds like we need to schedule that lunch sooner than later...

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Hey Kristina, Great to see you! Sounds like a fun calling. Chris and I just got put in as the new Sunbeam teachers, but I'm glad, because my little Bree is in the class, and she doesn't like it when mom and dad leave her places :)

Check out my blog anytime! I can't wait to hear about the fun things you come up with for your calling.

Joy said...

Hope is a great thing! Keep it up! I'll be calling you this week to see when I can come over!