Friday, November 7, 2008

Can We Say Drama?

So my Superhero son, as tough as he is, has a 'soft' side as well. Tonight as we were power-cleaning the basement (it looked like a bomb went off) we were listening to the kids' favorite soundtrack "High School Musical."

Because these movers of mine can't help but groove whenever a beat comes on, they were dancing and singing their hearts out. Every now and again a slower ballad-type song came on and they would both stop and sway and sing as loudly and sweetly as they could.

After one of these slow-ballads finished (sang by a girl no less), my strong and mighty Superhero sighed, looked at me with that sweet face and said in all seriousness,

"Wow, I sang that song really good... Hmmm, I even cried a little bit in the middle..."

All I could do was shake my head in agreement and go straight for the computer to get this down!!

What can I say... Dramatic parents = dramatic kids!

(For all those worried about his possible loss of testosterone, please don't be alarmed. Rest assured that this small moment of "softness" only slightly evened the scales from his day of teasing and tormenting his sister).

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That is HILARIOUS! I love it! Hey Congrats to Ryan on the victory!

The Beckstrom's said...

Oh...Kristina...you have quite the little drama boy on your hands!

I love that he said that!! he is so sinkin cute.

Joy said...

Oh, that's so Ryan. I tell ya, he's more and more like the dad every time I see him. I can seriously hear Ryan saying something like that... "Oh, I even cried in the middle!" (ha, ha, ha.)

kim said...

What a cute kid. The kind of softie that girls love!