Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Moment in History!

I have just been so relieved that all the campaigning is over that I have failed to report what happened. Most of you have heard by now via word of mouth or newspaper, but I should definitely report it here so there is at least a record...

RYAN IS NOW A MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES FOR THE STATE OF UTAH!!!! GO WILCOX!!!

We got to go to the "results party" (which for future reference is far from what I would call a party) and see who won. Ryan's parents, grandparents, co-workers, friends, my dad & his wife, etc. were there to help cheer and celebrate... but that is not what kind of a party this was. Apparently, everyone just stares at the wall of results all night and then goes home. No cheering, no celebrating... just watching, snacking and going home. I, fortunately, had the added bonus of chasing my hyper children around to keep them contained and somewhat quiet... until 11:30 p.m. SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Ever since Nov. 4, Ryan has been involved every night with something with the Legislature. They say the time commitment is only one meeting per month and then the six-week session, but I would dare say it is an every-day event. Either someone from the district is calling, someone in the House or Senate is calling, some organization with a concern, etc. etc. is calling everyday!!!! I think the only time we are really going to see him for the next two years, will be when we have to start campaigning for his re-election in 2010!

Let the good times roll!!

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

I had heard, but didn't get to offer any congratulations! Congrats to Ryan! Good luck to the whole crew! :o)

The Smiths said...

I hadn't heard anything yet, so I am glad you posted this. Congrats! I hope it is not too stressful!

The Beckstrom's said...

again, congrats. We knew he would make it.

Julie said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! All of you put in a lot of time and dedication...now you can tell him what laws need to be changed :)